Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pies galore

Today is the official day of Scout pie making day. I am so glad that I'm not doing it. Eric is no longer the Scout Master!! I would rather do a community dinner. We have helped though with our brains being picked and we also helped cream the shortening and the flour/salt together for the pie crusts. We did that last night at the cherry plant with Mike and Joyce Rowley and fam and Gma Freeman came and helped too. She did the dirtiest job that of getting the shortening out of the cans and into the measuring bowls. She had grease up to her elbows and she also had to work with all the tweenies. Lexi, Sum, Megan R., Brent R. and Bode. She had to keep them all on task. Lexi said that she had grease in her armpits. I'm glad I didn't have to do that job but I did run my bosch and had flour dust all over my face. I wonder if it was white. I didn't look before I showered. All in all it went pretty fast and we made enough crust mix for 700 pies. The big job is today but I'm not going because Brek and Bode have dr. appts. Bode was supposed to get shots and a well baby check up but he isn't well. His nose is pretty green and Brek has a cough. They are both sick. I wish Spring would come. The frost control is difinitely happening. Everyone was ok until 2 nights ago and last night. Hopefully everyone's fruit faired well.

4 comments:

wyomingerica said...

Pie season, go to love it. Has the price of pies gone up a lot. I remember them being $5. Are they still?

Countrylivn' said...

yummy, I want some.

Jennifer said...

I totally miss the pies! Can you just run some by me here so we can have them too :)

Countrylivn' said...

Trish, I want to see some new pictures of Brek, I am sure he is growing big!