Saturday, May 3, 2008

Would you like some humble pie?

Just open your mouth and insert your foot. That's me!! I had an interesting day yesterday. Bode's friend, Frans came over. They were playing outside like they always do and apparently they got a knife out of the dishwasher and were cutting down "trees" (weeds) with it. Of course, my child was yielding the knife as he cut away on a tree and Frans was standing close by watching. And of course, the knife ended up in Frans' leg. 3 stitches later and alot of crying, and apologizing, I am now ready to eat my humble pie. Not a day before I was ranting about how bad some kids are. Why don't their parents do something about it and Heavenly Father, "Oh, yeh!! I'll show you!!" So instead of my child just being rowdy at a store, he takes a knife and tries to cut his friend's leg off. I do have to say that humble pie doesn't taste very good and I would love it if I would learn to keep my mouth shut instead of getting pie in the face!! This pic was taken when the boys were actually friends. However, Frans has forgiven us. Thank goodness!!

1 comments:

wyomingerica said...

well my kid would never, famous last words. Hope you can still be friends with them. got to love kids, I'm wondering what kind of touble my kids are going to get into why I'm gone. They have to get to school by themselves and will have lots of unsupervised time together.