Friday, February 29, 2008

A great memory

Last night we had Stake Enrichment Meeting. Aunt Kaye Freeman spoke about being happy or at peace even in hard times like a death or sickness. I thought I would share a sweet memory from my childhood that I often think about when I'm not feeling really good.
Do you remember when we had to build fence in the spring or weed crops? I loved Saturdays when it was Fast Sunday the next day because mom would make fried chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch and we would have a big lunch as a family and then start our fast. I can still remember that memory of the chicken frying in mom's eletric skillet when we walked into the house after working that morning. It was fun to be with my sisters and brothers. Probably I was with Erica and Kristin the most. We would talk about all kinds of things while we worked. It was very rewarding also to see a finished project or make it to a certain point in the field or just make it to lunch time. I don't think that the little kids helped much but I sure remember that Erica and Kris and I built alot of fence. Share some of your sweet memories on your blog. I will be posting more later.

3 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

So Im finally Blogging! check it out! Countrylivn.blogspot.com, I liked your memories. mijken

wyomingerica said...

I was just telling Kam about that today. He wasn't impressed. That is a great memory, one I can totally remember that old electric fryer. I was putting some songs on my mp3 player and I found Strut by Sheena Easten. I totally down loaded it. And thought of you the whole time. Great christmas present.

wyomingerica said...

I was just telling Kam about that today. He wasn't impressed. That is a great memory, one I can totally remember that old electric fryer. I was putting some songs on my mp3 player and I found Strut by Sheena Easten. I totally down loaded it. And thought of you the whole time. Great christmas present.